Monday, September 5, 2011

Ugh...segunda-feira

You know, even for someone like me with no work, and no current life goals or ambitions, Mondays still suck.  Job or no job, the weekends are always just better. This is even coming from a girl that used to work EVERY Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, and then cut it back to just the Fridays and Saturdays.  I may have been working but it was always more fun than the weekday workdays because it was busy, there were more people working, etc, etc...  So here we are in another country living a completely different life, but the weekend is still the weekend.

I completely fogot that it is Labor Day weekend in the states until I was on Yahoo and saw a news article. So Happy Labor Day! Yay for those of you that don't have to work today. Those of you that do, welcome to my previous life.  HERE everyone is back to work and back to school today. The weather is back into the 90's.  I am currently sitting at the dining room table because Arlete called me out for as I am now calling it "snack time." I feel like a first grader and I love it. The snack laid out for me today: Guarana (a Brazilian soda. Very sweet and very tasty) and some crackers with butter. Yes that is right, they spread butter on their crackers as a snack.  Some of you may think this is gross. I on the other hand am in heaven.  I used to try and sneak a SPOONFUL of butter behind my moms back when she was cooking.  So, next time you see me, plan on me being approximately 100lbs heavier.

I am also listening to some Brazilian music I just downloaded. I have been searching the songs/artists online and translating them line by line. The current song I am listening to seems to be one of Edi and Biel's favorites and I like it a lot too. It sounded innocent enough. It is very upbeat and fun to dance to. Seems like something people would maybe play at a childs birthday party or a family reunion, but after the help of google translate, it turns out the song is very dirty.  Well played, Brazil. Well played.

We were planning on going to the circus yesterday and we did go (Edi, myself, Biel and Lucas) but when we went to purchase the tickets we found out they were R$30 each! Yikes!  We decided it wasn't worth it. If we change our minds it will be in town for a few weeks.  We went down the street and played some pool instead. Good enough for me!

When we are driving around anywhere I am constantly asking Edi what that means or what this means. Does that sign say 3 brothers mechanics? Does that say you can only park here for 15 minutes? I have also taken to trying to translate every sign I see to myself first so I am doing a lot of mumbling. He finally said something to me yesterday which is very true. He said "you know a lot of words in Portuguese and you know what we are talking about a lot of the time, you are just too scared to say anything yourself."  True. Stil trying to get over the fear of failure. I know I've got to try more but I'm not quite there yet. I did get a good tip from my Aunt for an app on my ipod that not only translates but it conjugates verbs for you and tons of other stuff and you don't have to be connected to the internet for it to work so I definitely took advantage of that. Thanks Aunt Deb!

Looks like it's coffee time. Arlete has the coffee maker out. That is also something I am glad I didn't get hooked on in the US. Iced Coffee. Don't get me wrong I love a good iced caffeinated beverage but I don't NEED it. I know a lot of friends (UNO's peeps especially) that would go crazy without their fix. Sorry folks, no Dunks or Aroma Joe's around here!  (I have seen redbull though..) They don't drink iced coffee at all. Hmmm....perhaps a business venture in my future.

Well that's about it. Talking to my mom later tonight. yay! Other than that no big plans. I finished The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo and have moved on to The Girl Who Played With Fire.  Loved the first one! I think I will love this one too! I'll let you know!  Tchau!

1 comment:

  1. You never tried to sneak the butter you just ate it right in front of me! I guess you get that from me since I also like crackers with butter on em. Yummy & be careful as this is probably one of the reasons I weigh what I do :(
    Talk to you in a minute!

    ReplyDelete