Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ta Ta For Now

Today is my last full day here.  I fly home tomorrow night and I'll be back in the states Monday morning.  Not a whole lot to say today but I figured I should write one last post before I leave. I've been neglecting the blog the last couple of weeks, but to be honest there hasn't been a whole lot of crazy or interesting stuff to write about.  More BBQ's, a few nights out, mostly just hanging out at home watching movies. (Did you know you can get 4 bootleg videos on the street corner here for just R$10??  hehe) 

We did go to a party at a friend of the familys last week and holy crap! The most amazing house I've seen here yet! We are talking into the multi-million dollar (or real actually) range.  The house is not even done yet but the outside area with a beautiful pool, a HUGE BBQ area, bar top, walkways, palm trees, etc... is all done so they were having a party out there. We got a tour of the house and it was really amazing.  VERY nice family too.  They had an 8 year old daughter that really wanted to meet me apparently so she came over and introduced herself and I found out WHY she wanted to meet me. She had been learning English in school and she wanted to tell me what she knew. She counted up to 15, she knew a lot of fruits and vegetables, she said "nice to meet you", "hello", "goodbye" and quite a few other things. I was very impressed. She said she wants to learn more and I told her she is well on her way. 8 years old and she probably knows more in English than I do in Portuguese! 

Edi and I went out to my favorite bar last night one last time. The Irish pub that makes me feel at home. There was a classic rock band playing and they were great. We only planned to stay until 11:00 or so but they were so good we didn't leave until 12:30. Poor Edi had to get his butt up early for work after a late night. Totally worth it though. We had a great time.

Tonight we are going out with Edi's family and the friends that work with his sister Edilaine. It was her birthday a couple of days ago and we are celebrating. I'm excited because I was hoping I would get to see everyone before I left and now I will! Strangely enough, the first Saturday I was here we went to the Caldo de Quenga restaurant with Edilaine and her husband to celebrate the birthday of one of Edilaine's friends. That is where I met all of the people she works with and just started to get to know them. Now my last Saturday(and last night) here we are going to the same restaurant to celebrate a birthday with all of the same people I met that first time. Full circle.

Tomorrow we will do the rounds to say goodbye to Edi's family. Although if it is like any other Sunday there will be a BBQ somewhere and they will all be in one place so finding them all will be easy.  I have a lot of goodbyes and a lot of thank you's and a lot of see you soons to give out.

Well I guess that is it. I am excited to go home and see everyone and get back into a routine but it means that it is time to say goodbye to Edi again.  At least this time I will know what it is like to be apart and I know what to expect. We'll talk everyday and I'll be back as soon as I can.  Hopefully it won't be so hard this time.

Thanks to everyone for reading! I'll see many of you soon!  Until next time! Tchau!!

No comments:

Post a Comment